Thursday, May 7, 2015

It's Time

I've been thinking, maybe it's time to share the experiences of my past. I've been debating "how much" to share.

I know there are people in my life that won't want to read about what happened.  There are people in my life that I have kept in the dark about my life, and this has become a shock to them. There are people in my life that need to know about the horror I lived through as a child, so that they can understand me better. And there are people that may not know that the monster that caused this pain is in their lives, around their own children, and has been welcome in their own homes without even knowing.  Or even worse, this monster is someone's husband, father, child, brother, nephew, uncle, friend, and lastly my cousin....
And for years, this has been kept a secret, swept under the carpet, and wanted to be forgotten by all that knew about what had happened. But guess what? At some point the mess under the carpet will need to be cleaned up, and it's that time. No more secrets, no more protection for the pervert that molested and raped me as a child, and no more wondering about what actually happened.
I won't apologize for the explicit information I will be providing. Nor will I apologize to those who have kept this secret to protect the guilty or his family. And just so all are aware, NO APOLOGY was ever conveyed or given to ME for what happened to ME or the treatment I received from my family members or this sick pervert!
Thankfully I have a wonderful blessing of a husband that supports me in this endeavor. I have a supportive sister who lived through the same horror, but was stronger than me, and was able to press charges against this monster.  And I have the support of family and friends that I didn't recognize before. This is where I find my strength and my determination to share my experiences.  So stay tuned. My next posts will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment